Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yih-yu-l-ratson -- Focusing intentionality

See the corresponding song-sheet (if your browser can view PDFs)


טו יִהְיוּ לְרָצוֹן אִמְרֵי-פִי, וְהֶגְיוֹן לִבִּי לְפָנֶיךָ: יְהוָה, צוּרִי וְגֹאֲלִי

15 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before Thee, O LORD, my Rock, and my Redeemer


The conventional translation makes this verse (Psalms 19:15) a supplication: Let my words and thoughts be acceptable before you, G!d, my rock and redeemer.

The following is a reading of the verse as a psycho-spiritual, mystical affirmation, a focusing of intentionality:

May I manage my thoughts and words so that they cohere and integrate as an expression and exercise of (good or G!d's) will. (This part replaces "Let my words and thoughts be to [your] will, i.e. acceptable".)

And let those coherent, good-willful thoughts and words bring me further and further inside, or in consonance with, the G!d-field. (This part moves from 'face' to 'inside' in the idiom 'before you', which more literally says 'to your face'. It thus replaces "... my words and thoughts ... before you ...".)

Similarly, may what I (choose to) hear and see, may the works of my hands, may what I feel (and place) in my gut, also contribute to my own psycho-spiritual coherence, and my consonance with the G!d-field.

If you look at the song-sheet and know Hebrew, I would welcome comments that suggest improvements or alternatives to my current new-lyrics to address sights, sounds, deeds, ingestion and intuitions:

"einai oznai yadai mei-ai"

No comments:

Post a Comment